Sunday

nine-eleven...ten years later

Today marked the ten year anniversary of 9/11 and I know it was on every radio station and every TV channel since Friday, I still plan to share my nine-eleven story.
We had all just finished our morning break at work when one of my co-workers returned with the story she just heard from her husband. She had phoned him during break just as she routinely did every morning. She began telling us that her husband described every channel broadcasting a "breaking news story" of how an airplane had just flew into the the World Trade Center. We all stopped to discuss how such a thing could have happened and how we thought there were two towers at the World Trade Center. Shortly after, the radio stopped playing and went to newscasters who shared the news that the second tower had been hit and America was under attack. At this point, there was only one thing on my mind...my kids. I had no idea what was going to happen next, how many other places were to be targeted or if this would be the last of the attacks. I couldn't believe I had a five year old son who is growing up during this and worse, there I stood there eight and a half months pregnant getting ready to bring another child into this world. Just as the rest of the world, I too was in total devastation. Nothing of this magnitude had ever happened in my lifetime.
Although we all stood still and tried to grasp the events that were taking place, time kept ticking and the world kept spinning. The Towers crumbled, thousands died. War began...and some soldiers are still fighting, but we all move forward as One Nation Under God.

No comments:

Post a Comment