Saturday

1st week of March

Monday: hmmm. ..I can't seem to remember. I suffer from short term memory loss.

Tuesday: Took Devin to the orthodontist right after school.

Wednesday: Stacia sent me a text to tell me about the opening of "Rib City" today and that everything was half price tonight. Turns out, it was "invitation only" tonight. Ended up having steak for dinner with my family, my sister and Gary at "Logan's".

Thursday: I suffered a reality shock of just how fast my kids are growing up. We spent a couple of hours at the high school registering Devin for his upcoming freshman year.

Friday: Stroker and I went to a Family Engagement event at Brooke's school in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday. The theme was "Oh the Places We Will Go" (from one of Dr. Seuss's books). Each family (that attended) stood up to talk about and show pictures to the 2nd graders (and their parents) of somewhere they had visited. We told about our trip out West. We brought pictures from Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, Hollywood, L.A. and Santa Monica Beach. We had a good time and the kids loved the photos.
For dinner, seven of us (Stroker, Devin, Brookelynn, Darlene, Gary, Trent and I) made it over to "Rib City" to try out the BBQ. Being the restaurant commeasures that we are, we rate the restaurant with 2.5 Stars. The food was good, but overpriced for what you get. "Bobby Q's" has better prices on the same menu. Some might even say that "Bobby Q's" even has better bbq.

Today: The sun is out, the temperature is up, and Spring is just around the corner (we hope). Brookelynn and I headed over to make a lap around the lake. It was great except the cool breeze gave me an ear ache about a mile and a half into the walk. Brookelynn rode her bike and wound up with cold achy hands from the wind.
We might just get out there and make another lap tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment