Saturday

Ending October 2015

I got our Disney bands customized on Thursday, October 15th, since we are just one month away from our trip. Devin, Brooke and I took a daycation to Chattanooga also. We loaded up mom and took her on a trip to get her up and moving a little. She sits in her chair day in and day out like a statue. She needs to get out and live a little. So, we went to the Incline Railway.
She seemed to have a very good time. We hit up a local lunch cafe and had a great time. So glad we all spent the day together. The only downfall was when I got pulled over on the way home for speeding in a construction zone.

He asked if there was a reason why I was in a hurry. I told him "No, just taking my mom back home from a family trip".  God's grace was on me that day because the officer let me go without a ticket. Actually, God's grace is on me everyday, but some days are just more evident than others. thanks God.
After dropping mom off, I swung by Tina and Tae's to pick up my freshly painted paper tray and I am in love!!! Can't wait to get home and sit this on my side table.
Stroker went to dinner at a men's meeting for church Thursday night. We didn't see much of each other all day.
We closed the week with dinner at the Dipsy Doodle Friday night.
Saturday, October 17 had late deliveries, so we slept in until 10am. I also spent some time working on a wreath for my sister. October is breast cancer awareness month and happens to be the 6th year of my sister being cancer free.
Sunday, we went to church, lunch at Outback, took a nap, made dinner at home and cupcakes. How's that for Sunday funday?
I finished the wreath for Darlene on Monday, October 19. Finding the pink for the ribbon was the hardest part. I hope she likes it.
I took an old trunk to Tina and Tae's to be repainted on Tuesday, October 20. It's an old project that I started over a year ago. Do you remember THIS post? Oh how I wish I could start things and finish them during the same decade.
I picked up my mom and took her for a perm on Tuesday as well. We finished the night with dinner at Cracker Barrel. She loves their dumplings.
I treated myself to a chemical peel on Wednesday, October 21. I was sure to warn people that my face would be peeling for several days. i didn't want anyone confusing my "cootie" episode with the skin flaking off my face. 
Wednesday evening, I repainted the patio steps and put up a new support bracket in the master closet, because I sure test the limits of what a shelf can hold at my house. 
Thursday, October 22 was the first basketball game of the season. Football came and went in a flash, now basketball will fly by as well. 
Friday, October 23, we joined Sterl and Debi for dinner at Olive Garden. Brooke went to Ella's after dinner and spent the weekend. the 23rd also started the 14 Days of Brookelynn, but there is an entire post of how that played out.
I picked up my newly painted trunk at Tina and Tae's on Saturday, October 24. We had to drive from Sparta to Gordansville twice, yet I somehow found time to pick out a new paint color for our bedroom. We went with HGTV Olympus White.
And, although it has the word "white" in the name, it has this ever so slight hue of blue. Very calming. I could sure use some calm in my life. We run ourselves ragged most days.
We had dinner at dad's on Sunday, October 25. Not just any dinner, but his 78th birthday dinner.
So thankful to get to celebrate with him. We are truly blessed to have both mom and dad still here with us. 
While we were all gathered at Daddy's, I took Darlene out to the car and gave her the wreath that I made for her. She seemed to like it. I gave it to her just a day shy of her 5 year mark. 
Stroker went to the Vision Works to have his eyes checked on Monday, October 26. He was moving right along until they threw that $800+ bill on him. At that point, he backed out. 
We also got a call that Billy, our 12 year old nephew, is being sent to Vanderbilt with Lymphoma. 
Can't believe that came about so suddenly.
I called daddy to wish him a happy birthday on Tuesday, October 27 as we were on our way to Vanderbilt to check on Billy. 
On Wednesday, October 28, I had an appointment with the dentist and stopped by daddy's afterwords to look over some new health insurance information. When I made it back home, I finished up the trunk by adding a cushion for a seat.
Stroker had the day off work on Friday, October 30. We went to lunch at O'Charley's and Stroker took the obstacle course to set up at Darlene's church for Halloween.
We made deliveries all day Saturday, October 31. Brooke dressed up as a minion and went to Ella's to walk her neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment