Wednesday

Fall Break

Charter had to come pay us a visit on October 1. I had received an email from someone who said they had been trying to call to make a reservation but kept getting a recording that our phone was out of order. Turns out, squirrels had decided to make our phone line a snack item. Uuugghh. I don't even know how long the line had been out. Thank the Lord this lady emailed me to tell me about it when she did.
Fall break began after school on Friday, October 2. Brookelynn was sooo ready for it. There first full day of break had nothing but rain on Saturday, October 3. We had cancellations which meant a fall break for us :)...and Brooke spent the day at Ella's.
The sunshine made a reappearance on Sunday, October 4, so we were back to work right after church. Ella came home with Brooke for a sleepover. Brooke went back to Ella's house on Monday, October 5...those girls are back and forth :)
I had a dentist appointment Monday and stopped by to visit mom, while back at home, the blue slide was set up again to dry out a little more.
I spent 4 hours of my life in the shed on Wednesday, October 7, just organizing and straightening out all of our storage. At 9pm, Stroker yelled out the kitchen window "do you want me to bring a pillow out there so you can sleep in there tonight?" I admit, it's a little ridiculous to spend that much time in the shed, but when cold weather comes I don't want to be out there freezing looking for something.
Brooke had a hair appointment on Thursday, October 8 to get some of the ends trimmed. I went to Nashville in the evening to a Chris Tomlin outdoor concert. It was fantastic...the weather, the worship, the singing. Everything was amazing. We had dinner at Rock Bottom and it was good too, but not as good as everything else.
I dropped off a vintage 3 tier paper tray at Tina and Tae's on Friday, October 9 to have her repaint it.
I love the tray, but imagine it will be so cute once each tray is painted in three different colors.
I also packed a weekend bag for me and Stroker to have our romantic weekend for two in Gatlinburg. Our second fall break. Brooke spent the weekend at Ella's. On our trip, we drove through Cade's Cove, walked through the streets of Gatlinburg, shopped a little,  had a quiet dinner and hung out at our cabin. It is not often that we have time for a trip like this. It was very relaxing.

Henry Whitehead Place

Carter Shields cabin
Missionary Baptist Church
Inside the Primitive Baptist Church
Our Cabin Photos

The following week, was back to our busy schedules. I had to take Brooke to get her photo ID, I had a massage to be proactive with my sciatic nerve.

  Tuesday, October 13,  I was at Satellite Med about a weird rash under my arms and on my stomach.  I was kind of freaking out that the hot tub at the cabin may have given me cooties. Satellite Med assured me that it wasn't cooties and gave me a cream to apply.  Not sure that I feel better about it just yet.






No comments:

Post a Comment