Sunday

How Much Longer?

Day 3 of cheer camp was on Saturday, July 12. I guess you could say that Jerry and I are totally lost and unsure of ourselves at this point. We have dealt with one child at a time abandoning us for a long weekend in the past, but this is the first time that we have been left alone by both the kids. I'm telling you now that "empty nest syndrome" will be happening in our house over the next few years. Devin has already mentioned moving out with room mates and Brookelynn will be a teenager this year. I'm starting to hyperventilate just thinking about it.
I tried to pass some time Saturday by sanding on a hope chest that I have been wanting to refinish.
Stroker worked on a few odd jobs around the house. We went out to lunch...and dinner, but we were both missing the kids. We spent some time on the patio Saturday night and enjoyed the ambiance with all the torches lit. The air felt like fall and the town was quiet, or maybe it was just that the house was quiet with just the two of us.
When Sunday morning, July 13 arrived, we got up and went to church and then lunch at Rib City with Debi, Sterl, Lee and Judy. It was the final day of cheer camp. We went to pick up Brooke at 2 pm and we seen in the first 3 seconds that she was tired and ill.
She crashed on the couch for a while as soon as we got her back home. I cooked her a home cooked meal with meatloaf, fried squash and fresh corn. My meatloaf got grease in the oven and smoked up the house (inexperienced chef), so we ended up picking up some chicken to go with my side items. It was good though. Jerry and Brooke didn't complain too much about the meatloaf incident.
I sanded on the hope chest a little more at the end of the day.
I called to see what time Devin expected to get back home... Turns out that he is not coming back until Monday. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment