Thursday

Nobody's Home

On Saturday, July 5, Brooklyn and I took down the balloons and lights from our fourth of July party. The holiday and celebration had came to a close. It was fun while it lasted, now let's move on. Even though we had lots of leftovers, we went to Mildred's for dinner because she was making taco salad. We hung out there for an hour or so before the day ended.
On Sunday, July 6, after church I went to Sparta to pick up my mom and brought her to our house for a while. It was hot outside, so we spent most of the visit indoors. She said that it was nice just to get out of her own house for a while and see different scenery. We took her back home later in the evening after dinner. 
On Monday, July 7, Cletus had an appointment to have his teeth cleaned. I dropped him off around 8 AM. My plan was to pick him up around 3 o'clock, but at 2:15, Devin called to tell me that he had locked his keys in his car at Wendy's. I had to drive to Jerry's job to pick up the extra keys and then take them to Wendy's so that Devin could unlock his doors.
By that time it was time to head back over to pick Cletus up from the veterinary hospital. Cletus sure has some "pearly whites" now.
I swung by Papa John's on the way home to pick up pizzas for the kids. Jerry and I went to Logan's for dinner for just the two of us. Now that the kids are getting older, they don't want to hang with us as much. I know it's not because we are uncool. :) 
On Thursday, July 10, Brooklyn embarked on her first day of cheer camp.
 She knows she is in for some hard work over the next few days.  She also went to Ella's to spend the night. When we dropped her off, we talked to Dave and Emily, Ella's parents, for an hour and a half before heading back home. Darlene and Gary arrived a few minutes after we returned home. They were there to pick up Devin for a weekend trip to Memphis. They left out around 8 PM. Jerry and I will be lost for a few days without any kids around the house. Looks like we will finally be able to get to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment