Friday

Friday's Flashback

Wednesday: After the kids arrived home from school, we all loaded up and headed to Nashville to visit Byrd, April and the baby at Vanderbilt. Tytan appears to be progressing very well.  He looks just like his mommy.
Our visit in Nashville consumed the entire afternoon. We didn't get home that night till 10:30.

Thursday: Devin "unleashed his awesomeness!" (as the TN Tech commercial says).  I had arranged a meeting with Coach Watson Brown after Tech football practice that evening.  It was a total surprise to Devin. He gave Devin a good pep talk and motivational speech. Devin wore a grin on Thursday right up until bedtime. 
I took another look at the weather report on Thursday and decided it would be too cold for an outdoor birthday party for Brookelynn this weekend. Snow flurries were even in the forecast.  I called around and booked the Cane Creek Recreational Center Gym so we can all be inside where it's warm.

Today: Started off normal this morning, even though it was rainy and cold. When I dropped Brookelynn off at school, I went in and talked to one of Brooke's teacher's for a while (over an hour actually). When I got back to the car (and my phone) I seen I had 12 missed calls... And that is where my day got off track. By the end of the day, I had once again changed the location of Brooke's party to the community center because the guy from Cane Creek called to say that he had accidentally forgot and double booked the gym.
During all of my other chaos today, I did manage to take Brooke's class 5 pizzas for lunch for a birthday pizza party and cupcakes for dessert. We had a fun time. Turns out that 3 kids in Brooke's class have the same birthday as her.
Tonight:
We have a tradition at our house. When Devin or Brookelynn have a birthday, they get to choose what restaurant we go to for dinner. Tonight, Brookelynn chose Outback Steakhouse. Dinner was delicious. Afterwords, she wanted to see a movie, so we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment