Sunday

Down By the Water

Sunday, July 1, 2018 began with me making a cheese Danish to take to church for breakfast. It is also my routine to take chocolate milk and sometimes I even bring some fruit along.  My breakfast group always knows what to expect from me. That is how I like my life to be...routine. It keeps me anchored and aware.
Mondays are always a blur to me. I'm sure I do things on Monday's, but I never remember what they were.
On Tuesday, July 3, 2018, I played the role of receptionist all day long.  My two partners who normally alter the front desk duty with me, were both on vacation.  I thought it wouldn't be too hectic since it was the day before Independence Day, but turns out, the phone rang all day and people continued to come through the door. Brooke showed up around lunch time to pick me up and take me to lunch. We went to Cheddar's and enjoyed good food and few minutes of rest.  My check engine light came on so I took it by Advance Auto Parts to let them take a look.

I don't know what that means, but after I had them check it, the light went off.💁
Tuesday evening, the hubs and I delivered two water units to a house for a Independence Day bash.
We picked up Sterl and Debi in the jeep around 6pm and went to El Tap.  Afterwards, we drove down to Catfish Farm to watch the fireworks show.
The Fourth of July fell on Wednesday this year.  Our only plans were to kick back and relax.  We had several customer pick ups that stopped by.  Those are great. Just flip it in the back of a truck and done 👍.
  We went to my mother-in-laws for a cook out around lunch. 

We had church service that evening and then we had people over to watch the Cookeville fireworks show. I got out the big speaker for the music, some chairs and a cooler full of water.

It is so awesome to live in the middle of town where we are close to all the events.  Years ago, no one knew of our great firework watching location, but these days, the place is packed full of people.
We went back to Mildred's on Thursday, July 5, 2018 for lunch because she had plenty of leftovers from the cookout. We also drove to Livingston.
I took some time on Friday, July 6, 2018 to organize our closet. I went through old clothes to donate and got rid of things we never use. For lunch, Brooke and I took the convertible down to the Granville Marina.


 It was a pretty drive and the lunch view was nice. 
Rain set in on Friday evening and I got caught out in it trying to get stuff picked up.
 Sterl and Debi had invited us and some other couples over for dinner at their house.  It was another successful day of not having to cook a thing. 
We spent some time on Saturday, July 7, 2018 cleaning the inflatables that were not rented out for the day.  God is so good to us. Over the years, not only has our business grown, but we continue to grow locally. Our customers are so close to home that we can run our business and still have most of our day at home.  We love having time in the middle of the day to be at home, rest on the couch, run errands or whatever else needs to be done between our deliveries and pick ups. This year, it seems that we are done earlier in the evening too. It is still daylight out when we finish for the day. I took time midday to drive to Sparta and go by the funeral home. An old friend of mine (Ginger) is dealing with the loss of her momma.  I ache for anybody in that situation. Life is never the same. So, I wanted to make time to go by the visitation and offer my condolences . We also went by and visited daddy for a minute. On the way home, we stopped for a photo op.
This Saturday, we even had time to drive down to Hurricane Marina and enjoy a relaxing dinner on the lake at the Blue Water Grill.  Here lately, I have been getting the black angus steak when we go. It is really good.



No comments:

Post a Comment