Tuesday

The Greatest of These Is LOVE

Some people get so excited on Valentines Day. They can't wait to see what their "honey bunny" buys for them, sends to them, or does for them to make sure they feel extra loved. 
I on the other hand have never been big on Valentines Day.  It is actually one of my least favorites.
Love for me is not defined by how I'm treated on one special day; instead,  I evaluate peoples love for me based on how I am treated the other 364 days of the year, not by words on a card and 12 roses.
  • I can tell that I am loved every Friday night when my husband and my kids are at home at bedtime.
  • I can tell that my husband and kids love me because they help me when I ask.
  • I can tell that my husband and kids love me when they pick up their own messes instead of leaving them for me to clean.
  • I can tell that my husband and kids love me when they ask for my opinion because my opinion matters to them.
There are so many ways that I feel loved on a daily basis. Not only by my family, but by God above. There is not a day that goes by that I do not spend time thinking about, talking to, or praying to Him. I can see God working in my life every single day.  Things fall into place, questions are answered and worries are relieved all because of His love.   I have seen God show up in too many situations, there is no way that I could ever question His love for us. 

I guess these last few years, my husband has felt the pressure (from other men) to join the crowd of card, candy a flower givers.  
Don't get me wrong, it is a sweet gesture and politically correct. 
It's just that those aren't the kind of things that make me feel treasured.  
Nevertheless, I woke up on Valentine's Day to this.
 
I do love tulips...and chocolate, but totally would have felt loved today even if I had been empty handed.
I decided to show my family how much I loved them by cooking a home cooked dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment