Friday

I Think Were Alone Now

It was my day to help with Breakfast at church on Sunday, March 1.  I made my usual cheese danish and took some chocolate milk. After services, I went to Sparta to visit my momma for a while and also visited with daddy. How blessed I am to still have both of them to visit, to talk to, to share with and to love. God is so good to me.  What better way to spent a Sunday.
Our kids on the other hand have no desire to spend time with their parents. They have outgrown us. It is a stage that we all go through...Kids need their parents, then they want nothing to do with their parents, then realize they can't make it without our parents and finally our parents need us.  It is a well designed circle. The only problem, is that it takes us our whole lives to really see the importance of having each other. By the time we see the "big picture" and appreciate it for what it is, we are all old.
My point is, Stroker and I had dinner alone at Logan's on Monday, March 2 because the kids didn't want to hang with us. Brookelynn went home with her friend Devin on Thursday, March 4 because Brooke is a social butterfly and we can't keep her still.
By Friday, March 6, we resorted to having dinner at O'Charley's with friends our own age. We met up with Sterl, Debi, Lee and Judy. I also spent some time on here (the blog) fixing the issues with my photo's not showing up. I almost lost my mind dealing with that. My niece Tiffany had to go back to the hospital again today. She is having fainting spells and numbness now that the baby has been born. That is some scary stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment