Thursday

What's Up Doc?

We have seen the doctor too much here the last few days.
Saturday, August 16, mom got up out of a chair, took two steps, blacked out and fell. Initially, we thought her hip was broken. After a trip to the hospital via ambulance, x-rays show that it is just bruised and has a knot on it from the fall. After an evening in the ER, she got to go back home.
Tuesday, August 19, Brooke had to go to the doctor for her ear. She has complained for days that it is getting worse and worse. Monday night she complained that she could not sleep on it. Turns out, she has an infection that began as a scratch or some type of irritation. She was given antibiotics to treat it.
I had a treatment (not from a doctor) on Wednesday, August 20 to help with my aching arms. My visit was to a massage therapist. It was a good visit. I love massages. My arms are not aching as much at night now.
Stroker went to the doctor on Thursday due to a sinus infection and a to have his foot looked at. He came home with antibiotics too.
We were all feeling good by the weekend, so we did the "Parade of Homes" on Sunday, August 24, to see some over the top houses. We seen houses with everything from Theatre Rooms to sauna's to showers with six shower heads...How do people sleep at night knowing that they have to spend years getting all that un-necessary stuff paid for? It would have me stressed out.
Brookelynn had another doctor appointment Tuesday, August 26, for her yearly "well check up". I told the doctor that the appointment was a week too late because her ear was aching last Tuesday.
We basically spent 2+ hours at the doctor office for confirmation that she is perfectly healthy. Of course that is awesome news, but I feel like it's a wasted visit if we don't have any ailments to tell the doctor about.
My annual exam was Wednesday, September 3. Of course I had many ailments to discuss. I save all of my aches, pains and concerns throughout the year for that one visit. This year, I was told that I need to get a primary care physician instead of hoarding my symptoms all year. Hhhmmm. I was trying to be thrifty. If I get a Primary Care Physician, that comes with another co-pay. :(

Hopefully we are all well or on the mend now and can get back to our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment