Tuesday

Employment

I guess you could say it's official. The cute little Devin that I have always had to drag out of bed for school, has done the inevitable.  He has landed his first real job. Not just any job. He went for the ultimate workout, come home exhausted and get up before the crack of dawn job.
You are looking at the latest employee of Fed Ex.

sorry, this one's a bit blurry...I took it quickly

I'm sure I will worry myself to death wondering if he's going to get out of bed each morning, I'll lie awake at night wondering if he is getting enough rest and I'll be watching the clock until he returns home safely each day. But one thing is for certain. He never ceases to amaze me. It tugs my heartstrings to see him grow up, but I can't keep him little for ever. He is taller than me these days for Pete's sake.
My biggest regret as a parent, is not getting out of his way sooner. He could move mountains if only I could bring myself to let him go.
I've apologized many times in the past  that I am learning too and I don't know what I am doing as a mother. Devin is my first born, my Guinea  pig and  my first attempt at parenting. I want so badly for everything to be right, that I do it all myself instead of letting him learn and experience things for himself.
When Devin steps out and takes the lead, I usually stand back in awe when I see his capabilities. He's young, determined, talented, smart and not to mention handsome. God has a great plan for Devin's life. I'm going to try to step aside and see just what He has in store for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment