Saturday

April Aches

I woke up Sunday, April 6 with a headache. I took some Tylenol before church, but it did not ease the ache. I took more medicine after church before I headed to my moms.  After sitting at moms and visiting with her for a few hours, my head still hurt. All day long. I also had a hair appointment at 7pm that I kind of dreaded. The last thing I needed was for someone to be tugging on my hair. I went ahead and went anyway because I didn’t want to wait another six weeks on my next appointment.
When I woke up Monday, April 7, the pain had finally subsided.  Thank the Lord. I made it through the entire day pain free. Brookelynn wanted to have dinner at Blue Coast Burrito. We went, we ate, we are not a fan.  Following dinner, Devin, Brookelynn and I went to Wal-Mart to go “junk food” shopping.
On Tuesday, April 8, I received the call that Devin’s graduation invitations were in.  I could not wait to pick them up. Devin looks so handsome in his cap and gown.  I also cooked dinner on Tuesday.  I made fried squash, ham and potatoes.
I also baked some cupcakes before Stroker, Brookelynn and I headed out to the circus. It was close to 10pm when we got back home. 
Stroker had to work late on Wednesday, April 9. It was after 5pm when he got home. His new job was supposed to end at 3:30 each day, but that is rare. Everybody was hungry and ready for dinner by the time he got home and of course, I had nothing cooked. So, off to O’charley’s for dinner and “free pie Wednesday”.  When we returned home from dinner, we found Kimba with a broken toe. She looked so pitiful. We can’t determine how it happened, but we can tell that she is in so much pain. We’re so sad for her. Cletus has the look of relief on his little fuzzy face as if he knows that he will have a few days of freedom from Kimba annoying him.
By Thursday, April 10, Stroker and I were both pulling late hours. I didn’t get home until 6:30, an hour after Stroker got off work. Stroker had to go over to the church to help Sterl move some furniture around. He didn’t get back home till around 8:30. We both were tired from work today. No energy for anything else.
By Friday, April 11, we were ready to sit back, relax and enjoy some good food.  Darlene and Gary joined us for dinner in Smyrna at Famous Dave’s. It was delicious, but the travel time took up our entire evening. We didn’t get back home until 10pm. The rain slowed our travels quite a bit. There were a few storms.

Stroker had to work on Saturday, April 12. I swept, washed bed sheets and relocated shelving in our bedroom. When Stroker got home from work, he cooked on the grill. Yum-O!

No comments:

Post a Comment