Saturday

Overcomer

After church on Sunday, October 20, we loaded up and headed to Sparta. It was Madison’s 11th birthday party. These kids sure are making me feel old here lately. 
It won’t be long until Brooke’s 12th.
We also squeezed in a visit with Mildred, Bee and Nan later Sunday evening. I’m glad that we had a great day to visit family and friends.
On Monday, October 21, Stroker and I joined our pastor Sterl for FAITH visits in the evening. Afterwords, Stroker and I went for a quiet dinner at Chili’s. I love when he and I get to sneak away for these cozy dates. I like going out as family too, but sometimes it’s good to just have the two of us.
I spent Tuesday, October 22nd on the phone with Charter Communications trying to convince them to give me a better rate on my phone, internet and cable services. I even went by the office thinking that if I threatened to go to another company that they would buckle and give me a deal that I could not refuse. –No such luck. They asked when I would like to have everything disconnected.  Fail
Katey and I went to lunch together on Wednesday, October 23rd. We chit-chatted about usual girl talk. We wound up at Chili’s for lunch again because it was so good Monday night that I wanted to have the flatbread pizza again. We didn’t go to church Wednesday evening. I felt very tired and headed to bed by 5:45.
Stroker and I ran by the hospital Thursday, October 24, to visit Chris Rittenberry. Chris had his blood pressure and heart rate sky rocket yesterday so they admitted him. Chris is a co-worker of Stroker and he also attends our church.
Brookelynn had a ball game Thursday night against Algood, so we were at Avery Trace most of the evening; until almost 9:00 actually. Before we went to the game, we went by Verizon to look at some phones. Although we are not huge fans of Brooke having a phone, we know that it would work out better to go ahead and give her one. She is always away from us. Either at cheer practice, ball games, sleepovers, stunt practice etc. Being able to call us when she needs us is important.
Our intention was to just browse phones, but they gave us credits on our bill to go ahead and take it that night.
Friday, October 25, was a cold day. We all pitched in at the office and made a big pot of chili. We grazed on that all day. We headed to Sparta Friday evening to set up the slide. It’s a little too cool today for me, but some people love the outdoors in temperatures like this.

Saturday, October 26, was the four year marker for Darlene cancer. We have looked forward to this day for a long time…4 years to be exact. I got Darlene an “Overcomer” shirt to celebrate. She came by and I surprised her with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment