Saturday

Fall Break Begins

Sunday  morning (October 6) started out with church. I also had a hair appointment on Sunday and I was long overdue for some highlights. My appointment wasn't until late that evening, so we went to  Sparta to spend some time with mom earlier in the day. I also stopped by to visit with daddy for a while too. It is awesome to have them so close together now. I can visit almost all of my family within one neighborhood.
The downside of Sunday is that Cletus is sick again. We think it could be an issue with one of the steak bones from Thursday night.

On Monday (October 7) Stroker and I spent the day cleaning out the window seals and cleaning windows at the house. We accomplished a few other cleaning jobs on our list too. We tried to get the kids involved since they are on a two week fall break from school; however, they just did not seem motivated. Wonder why?  
I had to make a trip to Sparta to pick up items from a consignment sale. I wound up arriving an hour and a half before the doors were open, sso I took a drive up Golden Mountain. That sparked up some nostalgia.  I used to travel that road daily when I was in high school to get to one of my best friends house, but Monday was the first time I had driven that road in almost 20 years. Wow...TWENTY years. I got back to Cookeville in time for dinner and FAITH visits with Stroker and our pastor.

Tuesday (October 8) Brookelynn had an orthodontist appointment which is not how a kid wants to spend fall break, but it just worked out that way. To help brighten the day, she asked Jalyn to come over for a sleep over.  I was tired from all the window cleaning on Monday, so I relaxed with a bubble bath before bedtime.

Wednesday (October 9) was the usual...Dinner at Logans followed by church. The womens group met seperately from the mens group this week. 

Thursday (October 10) was a bit on the mundane side too. Wal-Mart and home...blah, blah, blah.

Friday evening ( October 11), I picked Brooke up from school and we went through the McDonald's drivethru for coffee and an ice cream. The caramel mocha coffee was delicious; however, for the next four hours I WAS SICK. I got over it by bedtime, but we did not leave the house Friday night. 

We spent Saturday (October 12) on the highway...Monterey, Cookeville, Baxter and Monroe; then again.




No comments:

Post a Comment