Saturday

Fall Break Week 2

It was my week to help with breakfast at church on Sunday (October 13) and I was also scheduled to work the sound booth. I was running behind that morning, so instead of my usual fresh baked cheese danish, it was sausage and biscuits form McDonalds. We went to lunch at Outback after church with some friends. We also had to drive to Monterey and Monroe again.

On Monday (October 14) Stroker and I took the kids to the iMax theatre in Nashville to see the movie Gravity. It was a good movie and the 3D effects were a lot better at the iMax. We had dinner at Famous Daves before heading home.

We joined Briana, and the family for dinner at Logans on Tuesday (October 15) to celebrate Briana's 19th birthday.  As we were leaving, Mildred received a phone call that the ambulance was picking Bee up because he was having chest pains. We spent a couple of hours at the hospital until they admitted Bee for testing. Brookelynn decided to spend the night with Libby, so I had to come home and look for Brookelynn some sleepover clothes. That went south quick. Her chest of drawers and closet was so disorganized that I wound up spending the next two hours sorting, folding and hanging her clothes. It was a late night to say the least.

We didn't make it to church on Wednesday (October 16) and that is very unusual for us. I was  tired and did feel  well. Brooke and I laid down at 5:30 that evening. It was a rainy day too.  Our roof was finally being put to good use.

The only thing that I feel like I accomplished on Thursday (October 17) was that I cooked homemade beef stew and cornbread.

Treasure came home with Brooke on Friday (October 18) and we all went to Amazing Acres after dinner at El Tap. We trudged through the corn maize, they jumped on what I call the "Bacteria Bubble" (because it looked disgusting), they played in the hay, but most of all they played tether ball. I think they played for an hour and a half of just knocking that ball around. We were tired, cold and hungry, but they just would not stop. I think we made it back home a bit before 10pm.
Bee got released from the hospital today. He has to wear a vest that will try to regulate his heartbeat.

We went Saturday to pick out Brookelynn's Halloween costume and she settled for a corpse prom queen. 

Devin went with us for  a little while, so the three of us had dinner at Fazoli's.


No comments:

Post a Comment