Thursday

Blazin'

We had to take a trip to Allons TN on Sunday after church. Other than that, I got in a little nap. That makes for a good Sunday.
Home cooking again on Monday...Spaghetti this time. I made way too much though.  By 6:30, Stroker and I were out making FAITH visits with our Pastor. We got back home in time for this weeks episode of "Under the Dome". 
Tuesday held a couple of exciting factors. Russia is threatening to bomb Syria. This world gets scarier every day. I scared myself and the kids pretty good Tuesday night. I turned on the oven to preheat it to 400 degrees for the chicken wings that I was going to cook. A couple of minutes passed and I noticed a weird smell. When I opened the oven door, there was flames in the bottom. I panicked, sent the kids for Stroker and started opening the windows because smoke was consuming the air.
When Stroker came in I handed him the fire extinguisher to which he calmly sprayed on the flame. It went out and started up again. He sprayed it with the extinguisher again and said "Did you turn the oven off?"  Then it hit me..."nope, it is still set to 400".  
He turned off the switch and we all bailed out the front door because we were choking to death from a mixture of smoke and fire extinguisher dust. It took hours to clear the house out and there was white dust on EVERYTHING in our house. The element had burnt up and so had the connector to plug in a new element. It's either a new stove for us or surgery on our stove to get it repaired.
Welp...so much for my cooking :/
After shopping around for oven prices on Wednesday, we decided it would be cheaper to get a new element, so we did. Of course our element is the $90 one. Stroker then went into "repair man" mode.
It took a little while, but by Thursday night, he had the oven fixed. Me, Brooke and Darlene went by Michaela's new shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment