Sunday

Pure Panic

If you don't already know, Brookelynn is quite the social butterfly. She seems to always have a side kick. This Friday, her friend Ella came home with her for a sleepover. Brooke is at the age where she entertains herself and required minimal attention. We hardly knew those two girls were around.
 Stroker cooked burgers on the grill Friday night, so dinner was basically the only sight that we had of them. 
Saturday was a beautiful day. Sunny and 77 degrees. Brooke and I had lunch at Cheddar's and we also went to Sparta to visit mom for a while. 

Sunday held more nice weather and a miracle. Before church, Stroker and I had to make a trip to Smithville. We were pressed for time, but made it to church right on time. After church, we all hopped back in the truck and headed to Byrdstown. On the way, we stopped for lunch at Livingston McDonald's. We were running ahead of schedule so we decided to eat at the restaurant instead of taking it "to go". We found a table right beside the door. When we finished our meal, we were back on the road. 
As we got back in the truck in Byrdstown, I reached down to move my purse out of the floor board and realized that my purse was not in the truck. As I panicked, I reopened the door to see if I had kicked it out of the truck when we got out. It was nowhere to be found. I knew where it was, but didn't want to accept what had happened. I left it on the chair by the door at McDonald's. By this time, about an hour and a half had passed. I knew I would never see that purse again. I swallowed a huge lump in my throat and decided to call and ask anyway. The person that answered the phone told me that no one had turned in a purse. He asked where we had sat and I explained that we were the table right by the door and that I knew it was long gone. As I was fixing to hang up the phone, he asked "is it black and white?' "Yes!" I said. He told me that they found it still hanging on the chair.  
I am still in shock. How could it hang there for an hour and a half, right next to the door, with people constantly coming in and going out and yet no one picked it up. Well, I will tell you how...by the Grace of God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment