Sunday

Alabama, Shopping and Grilling

Well, here it is. The last week of summer break 2012. I told the kids to enjoy sleeping in this week because it will go by fast. The entire summer has flown by. Brookelynn and I went to do a little bit of "back to school" shopping yesterday. It started out as shopping for a bedroom rug, but quickly turned into school shopping once we got in the stores. She got a few new clothes and a pair of shoes.
She also got some school supplies. I'm trying to get Devin to show me what he wants for school, but he doesn't seem to take interest. I think he is in denial that school is so close.  While we were out, I bought some pretty tiki torches for the patio.
As for how we have spent the last three days...

Friday started in the early morning hours, 5:30 am we hit the road and headed to Alabama.
We had breakfast, drove through the Wildlife Refuge, shopped around and checked out a couple of parks. It was a quick day trip and it sure wore us out.
Saturday morning was nice and sunny. By lunch time, the clouds rolled in and the rain came down. It rained ALL day. Brookleynn and I got out in the rain to do the shopping that I mentioned earlier, and all of us got out for dinner at El Tap, but it sure was a soggy mess running in and out in the rain.
Today at church, I ran the sound booth. Stroker and the kids have asked me all week if I was nervous about doing it, but it didnt seem as though it was going to be too tough of a job...and it wasn't.
Stroker grilled chicken on his new grill this evening. Our other grill had lasted over 10 years, so we were way overdue for a new one.

So, that is our weekend...in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment