Saturday

Enjoy the Ride

Last night, while we were at El Tapatio, Stroker got a text from Briana about a last minute cookout for  today to celebrate Libby's birthday. Five minutes later, Bucket sent us a similar text. We hoped to be there, but our schedule was pretty full for today. I had just mentioned to Brookelynn yesterday morning that Libby must be having a party some other weekend since we had not received an invitation for this weekend.
Today, around lunch time, Darlene, Gary and Trent stopped by our house as they were in route to Memphis. They asked Brookelynn to ride along and she decided to take them up on her offer.
By 3pm, Stroker and I had a little over an hour to spare, so we headed straight to Libby's. We brought in her gift, had some lunch and hung out for while. Time flew by and it didn't seem like long until it was time for us to go, but I am sure glad our schedule worked out to stop by. There are not many parties before these kids are all grown up. We would sure hate to miss one.
Brookelynn mentioned last year that she thought it would be her last party since she was turning "double digits". I have a feeling she might hang in there for a couple more parties. I sure hope so.
I am not sure that I am ready for my kids to grow up just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment