Monday

Slip and Slides

Other than the time we spent in church Sunday morning, we spent the entire day outside. I have the red nose and shoulders to prove it. It was a beautiful day full of sunshine. I also had a 8:00 hair appointment Sunday evening. From the stuff we got done outside to getting highlights in my hair, I felt like Sunday was a pretty successful day.

Monday, the kids and I got up around 8am and went to breakfast at Shoney's followed by a visit to Cummin's Falls. We walked down to the overlook which was beautiful and scary at the same time. Thank goodness there are rails up now to keep bpeople from slipping over the edge. I didn't even want to touch the rails out of fear that they would fall too. They were so close to the edge, I felt like the ground could give any second.

We stopped by the creek on the way home and Brookelynn and I got our feet wet. We wound up getting the water-slide out to beat the heat. Devin went down a couple of times, but the most use of the slide was from Brookelynn, Kali, Treasure, Michaely, Jalyn and Cassidy. Those girls were playing until 4:00 in the evening. Once they finally wore out, I ordered Papa Johns pizza and they devoured it in minutes. The last friend was picked up around 8pm. By that time, I was ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment