Friday

When God Shows Up...and Shows Out

Feast of Thanksgiving was Sunday, November 12, 2017. We stayed after church to help set up the tables.

We had a great turnout and tons of food to share. So glad we were in town to enjoy it again this year.
We spent Monday, November 13, 2017 heading south.  When we got to our resort and got checked in, we headed to the hot tub to relax.



Tuesday, November 14, 

we had breakfast,  headed to the convention, bought Slide Slick, rode rides, tested equipment, and finished our day with dinner at Ruth's Chris.




Wednesday, November 15, 2017 was AMAZING !
We walked down the boardwalk at the resort to start our morning.

Stroker told me that we had to be at the drawing today because we were gonna win. I replied "okay" 😉
We spent the day at the convention checking out all the new stuff. At 3:30, Stroker told me we needed to head outside for the drawing so we wouldn't miss it.
We got to the booth at 3:45 and the drawing wasn't until 4pm. Needless to say we were right up front. They chose a little girl from the audience to draw the name. As she reached in, I said a prayer. "God, I know we don't need this, but we would like to have it. If you think it would be good for our business...
(The little girl drew and name and the the guy patted her hand to drop it and told her to "go deep") 
I finished my prayer...."Thy Will Be Done"
and the little girl reached deep into the raffle drum (packed with tickets) and pulled out a ticket that was written in red ink.
I told Stroker..."That's not us, I can see red ink"
He replied "That's my ticket... I filled it out with a red pen"
I assured him we were not about to win the grand prize but he said
"Your gonna flip out when they call my name"
Sure enough...it was his ticket.
I had tears in my eyes.  Not because we won, but because God led that little girls hand to the ticket that I was standing there praying about.  
God hears Me 😲
He not only hears my prayers, but He shows Himself to me right at the moment I am talking to Him.  It almost takes my breath to think about how much attention He gives me.  He not has a plan for my life, but He does things out of the blue  just to show me that He is in charge...Yesterday, Today and Forever.
I told Stroker all about it as soon as his photo shoot and Facebook live session was over. 
We finished Wednesday, November 15 with dinner at Texas de Brazil.

Thursday, November 16 was our final day at the convention. 

We were feeling a little bit like zombies ourselves by the end of Thursday 😵



We bought a football game toss, a snow blowing snowman, underwater phone cases, flying disco balls, slide slick and whatever else that I can't remember.
I drove the whole way home on Friday, November 17. I don't know how, but I never batted an eye the entire trip. I was wide awake, alert and on a mission.




No comments:

Post a Comment