Saturday

August Begins

School has officially began for the 2017-18 sophomore year for Brooke.
Tuesday, August 1, 2017 was the first day.
There was a trade show for people in our line of business on Tuesday also.
We attended, networked with other companies, got some new product ideas, talked to a payroll company and had lunch at Rock Bottom.
 On Wednesday, August 2nd, I had lunch with Dr. Nash. 
We had church Wednesday evening

 followed by the usual dinner at Cracker Barrel of course.
There was a beautiful rainbow in the sky Thursday, August 3rd.
We had dinner at the Farmhouse in Byrdstown on Friday, August 4, 2017.
The food was really good and it was buffet style.
Saturday involved several stops, one of them being the Whistle Stop in Baxter for  lunch. 😋
We also enjoyed a movie night Saturday night.
Sunday, August 6th was jam packed...
We went to church (Duh)
Had lunch at Olive Garden 
Went by Kevin's for a visit
Went by Daddy's for a visit
He showed us his new cap
Went to visit Tiffany and meet baby Oakley. 👶
and made a quick stop by Maleigha's on the way back to Cookeville. 👋
Devin and Brooke had dentist appointments on Monday, August 8, 2017 🙊
I made a home cooked meal.
I had a dentist appoint on Tuesday, August 9 for my crowning ceremony. 👑
We finally decided to hire help and it was there first day on Tuesday.
It freed up my time to clean the house 😄 and that makes me happy.
Wednesday again...you know what that means. 
Church and Cracker Barrel.
Oh yeah!...Matasia was on the front page of the paper this week for the horse show. 
We don't go to the fair these days since the kids are older. I don't miss the fair days one bit.
We heard the bad news that Brooke's friend Mary's dad died on Thursday, August 10. 😢
We went to Mary and Georgi's and hung out with them for a while on Thursday night. 
The guy that I hired to mow moms yard is still doing a good job. He mows every other Thursday. Every time that he texts me that he mowed, I always think of how mom would have loved her fresh manicured yard. 
Oh how I miss my momma. I know exactly how Mary feels tonight.
I still have my daddy though, I'm not an orphan just yet. 
Thank you God for that. 
As a matter of fact, Daddy, Phyllis, Darlene and Gary came to dinner with us, the Paramore's and the Robert's Friday night at the Doodle.
We traveled to Baxter, Monterey and back  to Cookeville on Saturday, August 12, 2017 and finished the night with dinner at Anchor Down


No comments:

Post a Comment