Saturday

Sleds are Ready

So, the weather man promised another good chance of precipitation beginning Sunday, February 15.  I took Brookelynn shopping for some boots to wear in the snow (just in case).  We went to dinner at Chili's before I went to my hair appointment. The sleet and freezing rain was supposed to hit over night.
Monday, February 16, we woke up and did not have any flakes, but it was cold. Sleet and freezing rain were accumulating quickly. Stroker ended up coming home before lunch because businesses were shutting down early due to road conditions. You can see the icicles
starting to hang from my patio chairs. It was Presidents Day, so the kids already had the day off from school.

The snow portion of the winter blast started to hit later in the evening. By Tuesday, February 17, the roads were a nightmare, not to mention tree's and power lines were breaking form the heavy ice coating.
People were beginning to lose electricity. We were fortunate to have ours the entire time.  The weather had gotten so bad, that not only schools were closed but the C.O. was closed too. Most government and State office across TN were closed for the day. Even FedEx closed. I spent most of the day on Google+, catching up laundry and working on my website.  Brookelynn and I made a McDonald's run around 9:30 am, and the main roads were still rough.

Wednesday, February 18 was more of the same. State and Federal Offices were closed due to ice covered roadways. I spent another day at home with my kiddos peering at the cold from my nice warm living room.
Thursday and Friday were abbreviated days at the C.O. It was only open from 10:00-4:00 both days. 
On Friday, February 20, I was surprised by Amanda, Jacquline and Dr. Nash with the pricey handbag that I have had my eye on. I also received a Carmike Cinema popcorn bucket and a Carmike Cinema gift card. I don't celebrate my birthday's these years, but it sure feels good when others do something nice for me. I also enjoyed a big birthday cake from my favorite cake decorator. The gifts just kept on coming.
Round Two of snow and ice hit us Saturday, February 21. So much ice that my birthday breakfast that daddy had planned to take me to got cancelled. I was so disappointing. (insert tears here). We all stayed inside all day and took long winter naps. Devin woke us up once to tell us that a huge limb had fallen from about 50 feet up and crushed the roof of the shed. It was just one let down after another that Saturday.
I have also been impressed with the icecicles this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment