Tuesday

Blog Hiatus

OK, Let me be the first to admit that 2013 is not starting off to be a good blogging year for me. It has been over a month since I bothered to post. Sadly, I didn't even get around to posting Christmas photos.
Although I am not entirely to blame since my computer went down on me for a week and a half, I do assume full responsibility for not making up for time sooner. In my scattered attempt to catch up on a months worth of happenings, here are random notes that I made from day to day and a few iPhone photos.
December 30th as we were putting Christmas decorations away, the arm of the attic door broke. We tried to buy parts to replace the arm, but as it turns out, we have to replace the entire attic door. Bummer.

December 31st was the day that I plugged my computer back in after having it unplugged for three days. A guy had bought my desk on Friday so I had to unplug and remove everything off the desk so he could pick it up Saturday. Anyhow...when I plugged the computer back in, it would not recognize the mouse. Time after time I would restart the machine and it would ask if I wanted to install the mouse. "OF COURSE I DO", but how can I click "Install" if the doggone thing doesn't work? After a week of restarting the computer over fifty times, I gave up and sent it for repairs.

To celebrate New Years Eve, we went to hang out at Bucket's house.
January 1st we spent the day relaxing and trying not to stress about the computer issue. For dinner we met up with thirteen others to have dinner at Logan's for Christopher's birthday.

January 2nd was the first day of being back to reality after Christmas break. The kids were still out of school that day, but the rest of the world went back to work. We went to church Wednesday night and our pastor joined us at Steak-n-Shake for dinner afterwords.

January 3rd the kids went back to school, Brookelynn went back to gymnastics and I went to the dentist. He still recommends that I get my two cavities filled, but I still dread it. I went ahead and made an appointment.

January 4th Devin took off to Memphis with Darlene and Gary for the weekend.

January 5th Brookelynn had a fun adventure with her friend Jalyn at the Bounce Zone while Stroker and I had breakfast for dinner at IHOP

January 6th I visited with mom after church.

January 9th Treasure came home with Brookelynn from school and spent the night. This kind of thing doesn't usually take place on a school night, but we made an exception this once.

January 11th Bucket, Jennifer, Christopher, Brianna and Libby joined us for dinner at "The dipsy doodle". When we got back home, our neighbor from around the corner asked us if we had noticed anyone pulling her trailer away today, because it had got stolen. I also ordered Devin's yearbook today that was $90.48 How in the world did these things manage to get so expensive?  Uuugghhh

January 12th, Brookleynn and I took a walk around Cane Creek Park. She later decided to have a pedicure and manicure.
January 13th we went to church, but I felt really tired. When we got home, took a 2 and a half hour nap. I felt so much better when I woke up that I cooked meatloaf, mashed potato's, corn and rolls for dinner.  Yum-o
Someone else decided to install a drive thru at our local O'Charleys on January 13th after church.
January 16th I drove Darlene back from Nashville from her doctors appointment. We stopped at a couple of stores on the way back to do a bit of shopping.

January 18th Bucket, Jennifer and Libby stopped by but Brookelynn had went to spend the night at her friend Cassidy's.

January 19th we drove to Alabama to drop off the Castle for some repairs. We decided to stop for some local food at a hamburger place called C.F. Penn's. We experienced the most disgusting burger of our lives. We each tried two bites but they went straight in the trash afterwords.  YUCK! When we got back home we went to dinner at O'Charley's with Gary and Darlene. Stroker said that at least you know what to expect when you eat franchise.

January 20th we went to Mildred's for a while after church. We were overdue a visit her.

January 21st was DR. Martin Luther King Jr. Day so the kids and I went to moms and took her out to lunch at "Squeelin' Bobs".  It was OK, but the "Philadelphia Story" sandwich is not what it used to be. For dinner, we resorted back to franchise and ate at Cracker Barrel.

January 22nd Stroker invested in beard trimmers since he is going all "Duck Dynasty" on me.

January 23rd I COOKED at home. I made a roast with potato's and carrots, peas and rolls. We also went to church and I discussed the possibility of walking (not running) a half marathon. Just a thought. Does anyone out there want to walk with me? I'm serious...let me know.

January 25th I finally got my new desk. Brookelynn and I put it together.

January 26th tried "Flippin' Burgers" for the first time. They were OK, but Stroker's grilled burgers are better. Brookelynn's new ipod case came in the mail. She loved it.
January 27th Devin drove me all the way to Ma Ma's house. We took the back roads of course.
January 29th, Stroker fired up the grill for steaks and burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment