Monday

Weekend Review

Saturday, Brookelynn finally got to go see the movie "Tooth Fairy".

For dinner, we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant. Afterwords, Devin decided that we should all attend another college basketball game to finish off the night. It was 10:30 before we made it back home. We were all worn out and went straight to bed.

Sunday morning (Valentines Day), we decided to visit O'Charley's for brunch. While we were there, Brookelynn presented us all with Valentine's gifts. They were the sweetest gifts ever. Not only did she make each of us a card, but she had went around the house and gathered up things that she knew we liked. For me, it was Hershey's kisses...for Devin, it was chap stick...for Stroker, it was a miniature Titans helmet. It was all so thoughtful. Leave it to Brookelynn to come up with such sweet gifts.

Today, the kids were originally supposed to have the day off from school for Presidents Day. Then, the school board members voted to make it a school day so that we wouldn't go over our county's allotted snow days. This morning we awoke to an inch of snow and ice...so school was cancelled anyway. The kids spent the day at home with me.

It was not a productive day. It is too cold to leave the house, and we are all bored with the things to do inside the house. I spent two hours today mesmerized by the TV show "Hoarders". I just cannot imagine what is going on inside those peoples head to live that way. I know it has been diagnosed as an illness, but from my perspective, it looks like classic laziness syndrome. I am just grossed out by what I seen, I don't know why I even watched...yuk. If you want to check it out for yourself, it comes on the A&E channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment