Friday

Every Day Matters

I can't believe we are in our second week of summer break already. 
My mom said something to me when I was a little girl (about 10 years old) that has stuck in my mind since the moment it left her lips.
She, my dad and I were at Hurricane Boat Dock (for no particular reason) when she told me to 
"enjoy this day...because it would never be this day again". She said "we can always come back and do the same things, but it will not be THIS DAY".
For a while now, when I say my prayers, I thank God for today (and mention the specific date) because the days go by so quickly that if I don't intentionally acknowledge the what day it is, before I know it, the whole week, or the entire month is behind me and all I did was blink.
So, in this blog, you will notice that I mention the date quite often.  
I acknowledge the insignificant, boring and unappealing happenings of our daily lives because everyday is filled with events, whether they are extraordinary or mundane. I want to look back and reminisce on everything and every life that I had the privilege to be a part of.
So, with that thought, I'll begin my journal (blog) entry for Monday, June 6, 2016.
We had to dry some of our equipment from a shower they got caught in over the weekend.
Afterwords, we attended an office party (Curriculum)  at Cane Creek  Park. To be honest, I kinda dreaded it. That is my insecurities and introverted personality coming out of hiding. 
It did not take long after we arrived for me to realize that I was glad that I came. We made a couple new friends and had a whole lot of laughs. Dinner was great and so was the company.
Tuesday, June 7 hosted another day of equipment drying and cleaning. 
Brooke, Mary and I  had salad lunches at Walnut park, because summer time salads at the park is one of my favorite lunches.
Wednesday, June 8, was a different story. I stayed in all day. 
Although I was not up for adventure, the church across the street was sure gearing up for some afternoon fun with this creation.
I knew I had to pick myself up quickly because everything falls apart when I'm out of commission too long. I got up and got back to business on Thursday, June 9.  We even got a new refrigerator and microwave that day. The downfall of that story is that we like to have never gotten that huge refrigerator through the front door. We practically had to disassemble it to bring it inside. 
We finally got it in its place. We got the microwave up too. Now we can move out the loaner one that we have been using.
We ended the week with Relay for Life at Tutco on Friday, June 10. We didn't win any BINGO games, but we ate a good dinner and had plenty of cotton candy and sno cones. I seen a lot of people that I hadn't seen in years. I also felt like an Alzheimer patient when I couldn't remember some of their names.





No comments:

Post a Comment