Thursday

August Ends

We attended a banquet for the CPC on Tuesday, August 22, 2017.  Wednesday was church and Cracker Barrel again. We are creatures of habit in case you haven't noticed.
On Thursday, August 24, 2017, I talked Devin into letting me cut his hair. During the process, just as I was starting a new stroke with the clippers, I noticed the guard fell off. "Oh Crap" I mumbled as I jerked the clippers away from his head. It was too late...there was a gap.  Needless to say, he got up, did not speak a word and went to take a shower.
I felt horrible. Thank goodness it is hair and it will grow back in a couple of weeks.
We had dinner at the Rose Garden Friday night, August 25, 2017. Weather was okay for here now. Hurricane Harvey began impacting Miami and coming up the coast of Florida. This is supposed to be the worst hurricane in history to make US landfall. The rain won't arrive here for a couple more days.
We decided to make the most of the great weather that we are having and spend the day at Dollywood Saturday, August 26th. Apparently, everybody had that same idea. The park was crowded, but the rides were fun.
 Nope...not eatin' here ↓

See more of our Dollywood adventure HERE
We had dinner at Margaritaville because Dick's Last Resort was closed by the time we arrived. We spend the night in Gatlinburg Saturday night at the Marriott Courtyard
We got in bed late and got up early Sunday morning to head back home.
Hurricane Harvey rain set in Monday morning, August 28, 2017.  I also felt a little washed out to find out that my Lowe's card had been compromised.  I don't know how this happens to me. I purchased McAfee virus protection in case it is through my computer. I also cooked dinner at home Monday night.
I had a bad day on Tuesday, August 29th. I was missing mom real badly. It was one of those heartache all day kinda days. I do really well (I think) most of the time. I mean...I think of mom ALL day EVERY day, but I usually don't feel like I have to sit down and cry my eyes out. That was not the case Tuesday...it was a tough day for some reason.
I found out that there was also fraud on my JC Penny card and Ashley card on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 ðŸ˜¡  I am so frustrated. Turns out, Synchrony bank sent all new cards to some impostor in Homestead Florida for my accounts. 😲At least they don't hold me liable for their stupidity.
There is another hurricane on the horizon for the Miami Florida area (near Homestead). I hope it washes away the new Nike leggings that the lady bought from JC Penney on my card. 😣
I ended the month with a home cooked meal on Thurday, August 31. 
Devin complained a little with his tumor.

No comments:

Post a Comment