Friday

The Story Tour

The holiday wore me out this week. I didn't realize just how tired I was until Friday morning when I got up. I was up for about two hours before I gave in and went back to bed. After a three hour slumber, I drug myself back to my feet and took a long hot shower. I had myself dressed and put together just in time to head to Nashville on a date with a lucky fella. We stopped by Mt. Juliet for dinner and some shopping.
He is a good man to tolerate the Black Friday nightmare at Target. I was still a little worn down and could not bring myself to wade through all the people to find Christmas gifts for anyone on my list. We left Target with two boxes of Keurig Coffee and soap for the bathroom.  A complete Christmas shopping flop.
We parked two blocks from Bridgestone Arena because we found $10 parking on 3rd Street. Stroker advised me to leave my purse in the car since I have a tendency to forget it, so I reached in my purse and grabbed the tickets and away we went. We trudged through two blocks of beer joints, saloons and street party goers. When we got to the gate of Bridgestone I reached into my pocket and pulled out two Fandango tickets to "Catching Fire"...the movie Brooke and I went to on Wednesday night. Oops! I grabbed the wrong tickets. By the look on Strokers face he about to have a meltdown...but he didn't. Instead, we just turned around, walked two blocks through the beer joints, saloons and street party goers back to the parking garage where I got my purse and retrieved the correct tickets. Then we began our third journey through two blocks of beer joints, saloons and street party goers. We got our seats just in time for the show to begin and it was spectacular. Three hours of an amazing story with some phenomenal singers. Oh and the instruments and the orchestra were awesome. The show lasted until 10:00. It was almost midnight when we arrived back home.
Thanking the Lord for the safe travels and wonderful night.


No comments:

Post a Comment